ATGENDERATGENDER, The European Association for Gender Research, Education and Documentation is a broad association for academics, practitioners, activists and institutions in the field of Women’s and Gender Studies, Feminist Research, women’s rights, gender equality and diversity.
The association constitutes a permanent structure for the growing field of knowledge and practice in Europe.
The association will meet the following objectives:
1) To provide a professional association for academics in the interdisciplinary field of gender studies, feminist research and professionals that promote women’s rights, gender equality and diversity in Europe.
3) To develop and support international cooperation in gender studies and feminist research in Europe and beyond.
4) To support and strengthening the institutionalisation of gender studies and feminist research.
5) To strengthen the visibility of the field of gender studies and feminist research vis-à-vis national, regional, and European funding agencies for research and education.
6) To foster exchange and cooperation between the academic community and women’s organisations, women’s documentation centres and libraries, policymakers and NGO’s in the field of women’s rights, gender equality and diversity, and ambassadors for diversity in profit and non-profit organisations.
7) To support students and young researchers with an interest in gender studies and Feminist Research.
Its ambition is to build a broad association for academics, practitioners, and institutions in the field of gender and women’s studies, feminist research, women’s rights, gender equality, and diversity. This professional European association will represent the interests of this field in Europe.
Activities of the Association
1) Support the exchange between gender studies and women’s centres focused on improving the position of women in society.
2) Support the development of education and training programmes in gender studies, Feminist Research, women’s rights, gender equality, and diversity.
3) Disseminate the knowledge and experience of academic and non-academic institutions involved in the promotion of women’s rights, gender equality, and diversity.
4) Develop cooperation between the academy and policymakers in the field of women’s rights, gender equality, and diversity.
5) Deliver policy recommendations in the field of education, research, and gender issues.
6) Support students and young researchers with an interest in the field of gender studies and Feminist Research.
7) Promote and support academic journals in the field of gender studies and Feminist Research.
10) Give access to an electronic mailing list and a website, which might, among other things, provide a database of members and their expertise.